Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Getting Old


My birthday is this week and I am reminded that those numbers are starting to mean something. Not only do I have to work to lose weight, but as I was drying my hair this morning, I managed to pull something in my neck. All day I have only been able to turn my head in one direction. My skin is not as elastic as it used to be, those spots from the sun are staying longer than they used to, and I call them smile marks, but everyone knows that they are really wrinkles in their early stages around my eyes. I have yet to bear children so I like to think of my self as young, but the harsh reality is I am getting older. There's a time that goes by so quickly in your life. The time when you are an "adult" and are free to make your own decisions, to when responsibilities are all around you and what you have to do takes over what you want to do. And you may be able to make your own decisions, but those decisions get bigger and harder to make. I used to worry about what I should do on Friday night, now I want a Friday night where I don't have to do a thing.
Now that I've depressed myself even more, I going to watch the Simpsons with my husband, who is incredibly good looking, and whose time and bed I get to share every day. :) I have my sweet kitty cat who wants to crawl in my lap once I move this computer, and for dinner, I'm thinking Cinnamon Toast Crunch tonight... maybe I'm still kind of young...
But if anyone can't find me this week - look in Jamaica!

5 Comments:

Blogger crt said...

your only as old as you think you are, so enjoy the cereal while you can still chew it. :-)

August 8, 2006 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

It is awfully tempting to take advantage of couples'resorts "surprise destination" discount these days.

August 9, 2006 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Happy birthday, "Caslon"!

August 11, 2006 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger crt said...

happiest of days to you!

August 11, 2006 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

Thanks - it was a good day.

August 13, 2006 at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home