Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Control

About 4 months ago at work we did evaluations of ourselves, our boss, and a preselected group of other people. We got our results today which was interested. My favorite bit if feedback was in the comments section where it asks "If this person could improve on anything what would it be?". Someone wrote "Take Charge. Caslon does a good job but if she wants to advance in her career she needs to take control." I read this out loud to a group of us who were sharing our results and my boss was there as well. When I read it I followed it with "If I took any more control of my job I would be fired!" and my boss leans in and says "Yes you would!" We all laughed because the whole thing was funny. Obviously this person doesn't know me very well, and even my boss agrees with me that I have enough control.

4 Comments:

Blogger crt said...

very funny. don't want you fired.

January 3, 2007 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Tech Mom said...

I'm sure that person didn't know you very well--we know that is not your weakness. I tend to hate those mind games the corporate world plays.

January 3, 2007 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

Yea, these things you can really only take with a grain of salt. I know there was one person who evaluated me that I neither work with very much or know very much so I think this may have been that person. None the less it was interested to see what people think of me. I'm not worried about getting fired - my boss has my back.

January 3, 2007 at 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They definitely don't know you very well.

January 3, 2007 at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home