Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Another busy Saturday

I'm back in Blogger world - I had a very stressful week last week and my post seemed to stress me out more than I thought it should. I hope you all didn't mind my break. I'm much better now - back to myself.

I went to work to try to catch up on my workload there for 4 hours today. I only got half of what I wanted to get done, done. I figure that's 4 hours of work that will help next week though. I had a lot of meetings last week that kept me from getting my work done so it really piled up. After that me and Camera Man went back outside to seed and fertilize the other side and back of our yard. Soon after we started raking we got into this really rocky area. One of those areas in your yard that you ignore for a long time because to do it right would take a very long time.... We spent the next 4 hours digging and raking up rocks. We didn't get any seeding or fertilizing done, but grass doesn't grow on rocks so this needed to be done. Tomorrow we will finish that up and maybe get to the back too.

We also wanted to go through the million boxes of childhood stuff of Camera Man's in our garage. In the next month we are taking on quite a bit of stuff that's still at our parents houses so we wanted to get this stuff done first. Maybe tomorrow...

Anyway, that's it.

6 Comments:

Blogger crt said...

another productive weekend. welcome back!

March 10, 2007 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

those darn controversial documentaries!

Glad to have you back. Hope this week is less stressful for you! Congrats on getting so much done!

March 11, 2007 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

Today we finished seeding and fertilizing that area. The only part we have left to do is the back. We also made a big dent on the garage work and going through boxes.
It looks like we made it through this area without getting poison ivy. It grew pretty bad in this area last year before I started spraying for it, and I've heard how the oils from those leaves can irritate up to a year. We don't seem to be itching. :)

CRT - we found some books for the girls in the stuff from Grant's childhood boxes: How To Draw Faces, another How To Draw Animals, and Dinasours Oragami. I'll send them up when we are all done. I may have some in my stuff too.

March 11, 2007 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger Tech Mom said...

btw the pictures of those kids are great!! They look like they had fun and obviously knew the photographer very well!! Sorry to stress you out with going through boxes but it is inevitable that we have to do it sometime. We still have stuff at Grandma Eva's also....btw we plan to go up to Indy for Easter--we could take up the books for you!!

March 11, 2007 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

I'm fine with all of the boxes. I would rather do it and get it done with then know we always have to do it sometime. I'm looking forward to looking at everything agian. And it was fun going through some of Gran'ts stuff. There were some letters he wouldn't let me read from highschool... hehe

March 12, 2007 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger crt said...

the girls love the how to draw books!

March 13, 2007 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home