Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Too long

It's just been too long since I was on here.

Things here are good. Ella has been a handful lately with me weaning her and her teething. Her first tooth came in about 3 days ago and we think she has another one close behind. It made me feel a little better when I saw the first one come in because she had become so needy, clingy and constantly biting me. I thought it was from the weaning since we just closed the door on nursing a week and half ago, but now I think it was due to teething, at least in part. She was a little better yesterday, but worse today so I hope this other tooth is close to the surface.

She's starting to get around even though she's not crawling. She manages to scoot on her bottom across the floor. It's quite impressive. She tries every chance she has to pull her self onto our lap or to standing even though she doesn't quite have the strength to do it yet. She's sure trying! She's been babbling a lot and often sounds like she's saying mama. :) I might be biased but I think it's sweet. :)

Things on the business front have been busy. We've had lots of potential clients over lately as well as online inquiries so that's good. Things are picking up a little bit and that's been encouraging to us. My biggest struggle right now is finding sitters. We have a lot of weddings and engagement shoots coming up and for those couples that don't want an engagement shoot we are meeting them for dinner so that we all get to know each other a little better before the wedding. Needless to say with all that's going on it's been hard to get sitters. So far so good but I'm having to go to some pretty desperate measures at times.

We get glimpses of nice weather here and there. Last weekend we were able to mow the yard and I was able to clean out some of the flower beds. The rest really need some love though so I'll try to do that next weekend. We did this Saturday when it was in the 70's and then Monday we got some snow!?!!! It's been so crazy around here!

I've fallen in love with the Julia and Julie movie!! I read the book a couple of years ago and loved it so I was excited when I saw it was made into a movie. We got in on Netflix and I loved it so much we bought it on itunes. I've watched it like 10 times already. I'm not sure if it's all of the food, or that I love Paris, or what, but I just love that movie!!

So there's an update. Very boring I know. I'll post again soon when I have a more entertaining story to tell. :) Hope everyone is doing well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

It was good to read your post! Hope you continue to be able to find sitters-- you know that is a good problem to have! I meant to be busy!!

March 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Your daughter sounds really cute.

btw if you need babysitters there's supposed to be an online service that'll hook you up, sorry I can't recall the name... anyway so long!

;->...

May 12, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home