Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Maybe Not...

So I just read the recipe for the below Heart Cake and she actually doesn't tell you how to make it, just the recipe for the cake and icing.  Plus the more I look at this the more I think this is out of my league.  

BUT, I do plan on making the red velvet part of this with the white icing and crumbles on top.  I may even try to take gorgeous pictures of it like this person did.  I may share those with you as well, but you won't see that beautiful heart in it.  :(

I bet I can do a heart on the top with the crumbles....

3 Comments:

Blogger e.n.h. said...

Well at least you have a back up plan, and in the end, yummy cake is yummy cake!

February 3, 2010 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Lucky Gem said...

I think she'll post the recipe on that other blog she is eluding to. At least, that's what I understand. Either way, have fun!

February 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tutorial is up on how to make it...you should give it a try! It's really cool. I am totally not a baker...I much prefer cooking, so I would never even attempt anything like that :)

~Amy

February 9, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home