Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Monday, October 26, 2009

Meaning to the madness

So after a very trying week last night I decided I needed to take Ella in to see the doctor. She hadn't been running a fever but with the fussiness and as of Thursday night the ear grabbing I thought it was time. I figure it's worth a copay to have a doctor tell me she's fine to avoid going back to the hospital.

Well Ella is good at telling me what's wrong because she does have an ear infection! I can tell she doesn't feel good and I know it hurts but a part of me is glad to know she wasn't just fussy, she was sick. We've had four doses of antibiotics now and I think she's starting to feel a little better, but she's still pretty fussy. I shouldn't have got my hopes up that she'd be a new baby once she felt better.
Oh well!

We had a nice weekend going down to visit my brother and his family for my niece's birthday. It was a princess party if I ever saw one! She seemed to have a good time and I enjoyed some family time. Ella also got to bring home a very nice blanket that my sister in law made for her. It's turned out to be the perfect tummy time blanket and is warm for the cooler weather that's on it's way.

Sunday we chilled and had a lazy morning in bed watching movies and recovering from a night of Ella waking up. :) We had moved her to her room but with her being sick we moved her back for a couple of nights. She was back in her room last night but still woke up at 3 and I had to feed her. Lately I've been able to give her a pacifier and she goes back to sleep, but no such luck last night.

That's about it here. Here are a few pictures from the last few days.

Ella doing her part in society...



Grant having fun with his glasses.



A hurt ear.


Feeling a little better!



2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

It was wonderful to spend time with you guys! Ella is growing up too quickly, though. Next thing we know, she'll be joining Brandon in his escapades. She is so beautiful.

October 27, 2009 at 2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor little girl! I hope she's doing better, and that those numbing drops have done the trick for her. I agree with you that even though we don't want to see our kids sick, sometimes it's nice to have an explanation for why they are acting so fussy! I know I've said it before to you, but newborns are so difficult! The older they get, the better able you are to distract them with fun stuff when they aren't feeling well, and eventually they can start telling you where it hurts, or what is bothering them. But cherish these baby days, because like Lauren said, they grow up way too fast!

~Amy

October 29, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home