Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Monday, September 28, 2009

Through the pain

So pain sucks.

If you don't want to hear about the harsh reality of giving birth then stop here.

I am now slightly over 10 weeks postpartum and still not healed. The episiotomy I had did not heal well in one area and I had to go back in today to have that looked at. Luckily time flies with a newborn because it's hard to believe i've been dealing with this for this long, but I have and have tried to be patient. I called the doc at 3 weeks postpartum because I felt like an area wasn't healing right, and 7 weeks later it's not any better, in fact it's worse. At 3 weeks he thought another 3 would do the trick. At 6 weeks he gave me estrogen cream to help it heal, and at 10 weeks he had to do a mini repair surgery. That was today.

I have developed something called granular tissue, which I guess is "angry tissue" the body develops when it is rejecting something. Apparently my body has rejected the suture in that spot, hense the lack of healing. So to fix this he had to numb me (very painful but worth it) then cut away the bad tissue, singe that, and then glue me up in this area. Once I was numb it was fine, but I was shocked when I saw how much I bled. By the time I got home the numbness was wearing off so I took some ibeprofen, and after a couple hours I had Grant dig out the left over percocet I had been given after delivery. That is helping some, but I just have to say this hurts like nobodies business.

I figured I'd have to deal with more pain before this healed and here I am.

Hoping Ella sleeps well tonight and sleep helps the pain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

Hopefully this will be soon be all behind you...

September 30, 2009 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger crt said...

so sorry! i'll stick with jaw pain. :-(

October 1, 2009 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'm so sorry this part has been so hard for you. :(

October 9, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home