Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hair


Tonight I got my hair done. I love getting my hair done. My stylist is from Russia and has a great accent. She's sweet, and very talented, plus hugs me every thing I come.
After a quick conversation she covers me with red hair dye and foil, and makes me catch her up on everything in my life. Then I get to sit under a heater for a while, drinking some kind of coffee that taste different than any I've had, and read up on fashion from this month's magazines. It seems to be my only chance to catch up on fashion anymore. (I found a great pair of boots in Glamour that I want.) Then she washes and massages my head, and then cuts and styles it. She makes me feel like I'm worth a million dollars and my hair looks absolutely beautiful every time I leave. She also does a great job of convincing me that their hair products are the best and I have to have them. After it's all said and done - I always spend more money than I ever thought I would spend on my hair. Yet I keep going back as soon as I need a trim or more color.
It's an interesting place. A large studio with 4 tiers of hair stylists. I love seeing the "apprentices" stand behind the "masters" listening and learning, and grabbing that broom as soon as they are done to clean up the hair. They are also the ones going around with Windex cleaning everything and doing anything anyone tells them to. Yet they do it like it is an honor. Before long I notice they are the ones cutting and styling, and there are new "apprentices".
There is something neat about seeing how this "trade" works. It's an old way to learn something - yet when I'm there I feel like it's a new idea and no other company has ever done that. Silly me.
Anyway, now I have great hair, that is until I try to recreate what she did in the morning. And by the time I pay off this visit - I'll be ready my next one!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

i LOVE the photo! hannah-bear's hair is starting to do that after her bath. (not all over her body, just on her head.)

sounds like you had a great, well-deserved pampering.

August 15, 2006 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger crt said...

bear's starting to lick her head? (i would take her to the doctor for that!:-)
i love your stylist too!

August 16, 2006 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

well, she paws at it while i try to brush her. and she licks mommy or daddy's arm hair.

August 16, 2006 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger Caslon said...

mmm.. arm hair...

August 16, 2006 at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home