Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The last few weeks.

Have been crazy!!

I finally feel like we are getting back to some sort of normality.  We still have things to do around the house but at least my huge piles of things to go though and put back into place are gone.  Replacing over half of your flooring is a big ordeal and I see why people only do it before they move in!  We do love our new floor although we haven't had a chance to enjoy it to the fullest yet since putting things back have been the priority.  G's office is beautiful and I'm so glad we opted for wood in there and are carpet is definitely soft underfoot but the shagginess has taken some time to get used to.  It also lays over a little more than we would prefer, but it comes right back up so it's all good.  Overall - we are happy.

We had a great weekend last weekend going to Kingsport for G's class reunion although we wanted to stay longer at his parents.  We had already bought tickets to see Wicked in Atlanta though so Saturday morning we drove from Kingsport to Atlanta, had a great Italian dinner next to the theater and saw the wonderful play Wicked.  It was a very different experience this time having just read the book.  I had to let the book go pretty early into the play though because it was so drastically different.  I wanted to enjoy the play for what it was - and it is wonderful.  The book was good too - just different.  We loved staying literally across the street from the theater and then went shopping on Sunday at our favorite mall in Atlanta.

Things at work are getting better, slowly.  We are past our big meeting but now we are trying to get things into production for the show season and we are past our deadline so now we are having to have lots of mockups made.  We also now have to run everything we do through the legal department which at first I thought was a crazy extra step, but have come to really like it.  They catch things we didn't and I love having an opinion that can not be questioned.  We have too many cooks in the kitchen at work at times and it's nice to have 1 person that has the final say.  By Thanksgiving all projects should be in production and our first show is the week after Thanksgiving and my first show is the first week of December.  Oh - and I'm going to Canada!!  How crazy is that!  I get to go to Toronto for a product tour.  They want a representative  from the marketing department and my boss asked me to go.  I know it's just Canada, but I'm excited!!

Attached is some photos of our new floor... you all need to come see it!!









2 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

It sounds like you really had a project--it scares me to undertake it!! Maybe I should just put everything in the yard!!

October 23, 2008 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger crt said...

it's lovely. glad things are sort of settling down for you at work. still jealous that i haven't seen wicked yet. maybe one day.

October 24, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home