Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Vote


I can't seem to decide on which shows to see on our trip to NY. (I know, sounds pathetic doesn't it) But I would love everyone's opinion on the matter. We are going to see 2 - one will definitely be Spamalot (a musical of monty pythons holy grail). Grant is a fan. Here is the list of the others I'm considering.

Beauty and the Beast
Phantom of the Opera
The Producers (has one more tony's than any other broadway show)
Wicked (a prequal to the wizard of oz - about the 2 witches growing up and parting ways)
I love you, Your Perfect, Now Change (and off-broadway about couples)

7 Comments:

Blogger crt said...

my vote is wicked. i've heard so many good things about it. (see elea's blog $41.43.) a close second would be the producers. actually, i would see both...

August 31, 2006 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger crt said...

haven't you seen phantom?

August 31, 2006 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

If you haven't seen Phantom, I would see that. It's a classic, and while the movie is good, I would still rather see it live any day. While I love Disney, I would choose Wicked over Beauty... it sounds interesting.

Hannah liked the music in the film version of the Producers. I'm glad she wasn't able to understand a lot of the content, but the acting was good. It has a classic musical vibe to it.

August 31, 2006 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Caslon said...

I have not seen phantom - I think everyone else did including Jeremy, but I'm not sure why I didn't or couldn't.. ? No one said anything about I love you, your perfect, so that must be out huh?
and it looks like Beauty is out too... I don't really see us going to that anyway.
So phantom, wicked, or producers...
I will go see elea's blog...

August 31, 2006 at 7:19 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

mommy says to tell you to go with your gut... what do you think you want to see the most out of the choices? phantom is great, but it will probably be most likely to come to a theatre near you. if it comes to nashvegas, you know where to stay! she hasn't heard anything about the relationship one, it sounds like it could be good.

we can't wait to see you this weekend!
gotta get back to dreamland. (i'm typing this from my crib-pretty impressive, i know!)

August 31, 2006 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger elea said...

definitely see wicked....loved it! worth every tired toe. i'd also see anything in revival. those are always loads of fun.

thanks for the comment and the happy birthday.

September 6, 2006 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

I appreciate everyone's vote.

I have now officially ordered tickets for Spamalot and Wicked and am very excited about it. We are way in the back for Spamalot but got tickets in the 4th row for Wicked (with 5% of the stage out of view but able to see all acting)

Expensive though...

September 6, 2006 at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home