Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2 lbs. 7 oz

A coworker of mine and former classmate came to my cubical yesterday afternoon. His wife is pregnant and he started asking me about when my nephew was born, what happened and how far along was she when she had him. I asked if his wife was okay and she's fine, but very close friends of theirs were on the way to the hospital and were just told by their doctor that they had to take the baby. She was just 26 weeks along. They got one more phone call a couple hours later that the baby was born by cesarean and that the mother was fine. For some reason this family and little baby hit me hard. I remember all of those scary feelings when Aiden came to see us early - and I thought about some other people in my family who know of little baby's that didn't make it. I thought about them all night and when I saw my friend this morning they still had not heard anything more which made them nervous. About mid-morning the heard that Hudson Stock (first and middle name) made it through the night and is stable. He's hooked up to a ventilator but doesn't have any problems other than just being very little. They still don't know quite what happened. These friends were just at their house the night before and she said how good she felt. She had pain and went to the doctor and they found she was dilated to 10 cm - and for whatever reason the doctor said the baby had to come out.
So, I guess I'm asking for prayer. For another little life that came into this world sooner than we would have wanted. I don't know this family - but for some reason this little boy is heavy on my heart.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

They seem so fragile but the heavenly father is the giver of life and little ones can be so strong, We will pray for the little family.

January 16, 2007 at 10:28 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Praying for this little one!!!!!

January 17, 2007 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

My oldest was 2 pounds 3 ounces... I know how utterly frightening it can be. He's a crazy nine-year-old now, with his own little issues, but nothing that God hasn't seen fit to help us deal with!! I wouldn't trade him for anything!!

I'm praying for this little one to stay strong and grow. I'm praying for his mommy and daddy to stay patient and have the strength and courage to deal with whatever is thrown their way!! I wish I could throw cyber hugs to his momma, the next few weeks will be the hardest of her life unfortunately.

January 17, 2007 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

Thank you all for your prayers - thanks for your story Grace - I will pass the good news along.
Hudson did not have a good night last night and his parents are fearing the worst. I'll keep you posted.

January 17, 2007 at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home