Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Thursday, January 24, 2008

News Concerning G's Sister

Please read this exerpt from G's sister's email. She sent this out yesterday to the family and worded things better than I ever could. Please keep her in your prayers as things have changed some with her pregnancy.

"Because of the difficulties with my last pregnancy, I am working with a high risk ob group. They have been doing a number of tests to determine what might of caused the problems last time and what might be done to prevent them from reoccuring.

In the process, we found that I have a genetic defect, heterozygote prothrombin gene mutation, which causes clotting problems and has been linked to preeclampsia and premature birth. It is a clotting disorder that impacts the vein system and as such does not appear to have anything to do with the history of stroke and heart disease in our family. It is linked to blood clots forming in the lungs and legs.

As for me, they have started me on twice daily blood thinner injections for the remainder of my pregnancy. They feel as though, along with the blood pressure drugs I'm on, this should help prevent what happened last time from happening. It's still considered high risk, and I will be monitored closely. But I feel good about things, and we're very excited to meet this new little person."


I'll keep you all posted on things - I think the general consensus is that we are all glad they found the cause of the preeclampsia and feel like they can prevent an early birth this time around. It's a little bit scary, but the more informed she and the doctors are the better.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

It sounds promising. I have heard of others with similar conditions who have had children without complications when they have the treatments.

I'm so excited for them, and will keep praying for mommy and baby's health!!!

January 24, 2008 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger Tech Mom said...

Thank you for sharing and please tell B that we will remember her in our prayers. It is so good that they are getting early help..

January 24, 2008 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger crt said...

thanks for sharing. we'll be praying too.

January 24, 2008 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Praying for a much easier time this time around!

January 29, 2008 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Proud Mommy of 2 said...

Hey! This is Stephanie Payne, Lauren's friend.. Just thought I would say, "hi!" I just started blogging and I'm having so much fun with it! :) Your blog is beautiful, and I love your new hairdo.

Hope it's okay if I stop by again sometime... :0)

If you have a chance, please stop by my blog sometime and see how my little girl Caroline is growing. (www.carolineashley.blogspot.com/). Many blessings to you!

February 10, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home