Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Can't believe it

We have our plane tickets for our trip to Europe this summer. :) We are flying into Paris, spending 3 nights, taking an overnight train to Florence, Italy for 3 nights, and then going to Rome for 3 nights and coming home from there. Even though we've been talking about this since we met practically, it doesn't seem real. I'm so excited!! We are going in late July for 10 days. My boss approved my extended vacation, we've marked those days off of our business calendar and are making the rest of the plans for the trip now. It's a lot harder planning a trip to a different country but I know everything will turn out great.

We had a sweet wedding yesterday in Knoxville. The couple met in PT school and were reffered to us by another PT couple we shot last year. We found we really like this group of people. They are a lot of fun and all seem to have their priorites in order. I loved the fact the bride put on her garter and said "I don't like how this feels, I'm not wearing this" and she took it off, that was it. So many brides would freak out and make someone go try to find her a new garter last minute or something.... They had some of the sweetest vows I"ve heard (they wrote their own) and they both had most of the congregation crying with them during the ceremony. It was the type of couple and day that really makes us feel lucky to do what we do. To share a day with people when love, family and friends surround them and get to document those emotions for them feels like such a previledge and more meaningful than sitting behind a desk all day. Even if we did get home at 1 in the morning this morning. :)

That's all for now folks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

so happy you got everything worked out for your vacation--it surely sounds good--you will have plenty of picture opportunity there!!

March 30, 2008 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger crt said...

sounds like a very nice wedding!

yay for you and g-! woo hoo for european tour! you'll love it. your cameras will love it too.

March 30, 2008 at 4:28 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Congrats on a great wedding to shoot ! The funny thing is our neighbor was showing us a couple of pictures he took of the Eiffel Tower last night, and I immediately thought, "S & G would love to photograph Europe!"

March 31, 2008 at 3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home