Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A funny book, A new space, Recycled books, and being on tape

I haven't had an update to anything in a while so I'm combining all my latest events into 1 email.

I'll start with the recent book I finished. "Julie and Julia" which is this funny book about a woman who is 29, married but no kids, working a temp job as a secretary and feels like she's in a slump in her life. So she decides to cook every recipie in Julia Child's "mastering the art of french cooking" in a year and starts a blog about it. It was pretty funny and by the end of the year she was becomming famous and ended up with a book deal. A lady at work handed it to me one day and told me I needed it to read it. Language is not that great in it so I wouldn't recommend it necessarily - but it was amusing.

We rearranged our living room! We decided we wanted a change so we rotated our couch and rug so that when you walk in the door the little chair is in that corner and our couch now separates the living room from the dinning. It's nice to face the front window now that it's getting prettier outside and we have more light. It's a nice change. I'll get some pictures and post them.

Las weekend we also cleaned out mt. boxalot in our garage. We were barely able to get all of the boxes (broken down) and the stack of books that we were taking to the trading book store into both of our cars. We made it to the recycling place in time before they closed and filled up their cardboard container with all of ours! Then we went to McKay's book store which is fabulous! We took in the equivalent of 2 boxes of books we didn't want and got 80 bucks! If we just wanted store credit we could have had 140 bucks in credit, but we'd rather have cash. We also bought the second and third Pirates of the Carribean - both under 10 bucks. Used, but in good condition. I also got Nicole Nordeman's new CD which I've been wanting for a while for only 8 bucks. A very sucessful trip!!

Being on tape. Okay, today I was suppose to drive to NC for a meeting but my boss went instead so I was sent to have a video shot about some of our new products. My boss wrote the script which was about a minute (although felt like 5) and I got to this fancy studio where I had someone do my makeup, help me pick out which shirt looked best and then ran through like 15 takes before I did it with no mistakes. I was soooo nervous. I had a hard time calming down and getting into what I was reading, but over time I got better and I think it turned out alright. It was my first time in front of video so hopefully if I have to do it again I won't get so nervous. Once it's done I'll send the clip to you all.

That's about it. We are busy with photo shoots, and spring cleaning/organizing but looking forward to nicer weather. We are also enjoying all of the rain. I may be able to keep my flowers alive this summer. :)
Hope all is well with you all.

3 Comments:

Blogger crt said...

sounds like you've been busy!

March 18, 2008 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger crt said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 18, 2008 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Ooh... you're almost famous. ;) Can't wait to see the new living room... You guys are probably booked up, but I'm sure Bear would love to see the children's museum or aquarium some weekend if you guys are up for visitors!

March 18, 2008 at 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home