Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Sunday, March 02, 2008

not much

going on here...

We shot a wedding yesterday - it was very pretty. The ceremony was at Berry college at the Frost chapel which is like 100 years old and all stone. It was very pretty however we didn't have much time for photography, but we did the best we could. The reception was downtown and reminded us a lot of our reception. It was all done by 6 so we went and had Japanese there in Rome before we came home. Today we've been recovering and I did laundry - nothing exciting. Oh, I did fix one of those "just dump it in your crock-pot and it's done 8 hours later" and it was pretty good - chicken and noodles. I made biscuits to go with them and the combination was really good.
I've spent a couple hours researching comfortable dress shoes today. I need something with a heel, but not too big of one, and dressy for weddings. I also don't want thoses that look old-looking, some of those comfy one's look like grandma shoes. I found some Clarks, naturalizers, and some new one's called Fitzwell, Ecco, and Born. If anyone has any experience with any of these I'd love to know. I'm willing to spend a little more on these because I'm on my feet sometimes 10-12 hours shooting weddings, but need to look nice so they are a work investment for me.
That's about it for now!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

It seems like I remember Orprah having some dress shoes on her show that were rated for their comfort and design about a year ago...i'll look into it...I don't know if aerosoles have any cool dress shoes or not--they have a new younger line...

March 3, 2008 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger crt said...

glad you wedding went well.
you know i typically buy $10-20 shoes, so i have no advise to give...

March 3, 2008 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

The only brand I have not heard of is Fitzwell... all the others are good, and if you can find a pair you like in any of them, go for it!!! They are worth it!!! (We carried them in my brief stint at the shoe dept of a dept store.)

March 3, 2008 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Sorry, I either where Birkies or Merrils... not exactly wedding material!

March 3, 2008 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

But oh so comfy, grace!!!

March 4, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home