Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We've had a nice relaxing day taking a nap after church. I have yummy food in the crock pot for dinner and am enjoying the beautiful weather.

We found out friday that G's sister is having a GIRL!! We are all excited. Now we just have to wait for Lauren's announcement and we'll know what's on their way in August.

Yesterday I felt like making cookies and doing something different so I spent a while flipping through my books. I remember making pinwheel cookies with mom one time and I wanting to make those, but the only pinwheel recipies I could find included dates or nuts that couldn't be excluded so I decided I would come up with my own recipie. I used a pinwheel date recipie for the cookie part but for the topping I combined brown sugar, cinnamon, and a little nutmeg and ground cloves. I spread it over the cookies and rolled, then put in the fridge just like I had put down a date topping. Well a couple hours later when i got them out to cut them up something dawned on me. All of the recipies that involved pinwheels had a wet topping and I had created a dry one, so when I was cutting them everything was falling apart. I did my best to salvage them and my second log was not quite as bad. They actually did better after I cooked them - they stuck together more, although barely. They taste good though, kind of like shortbread with cinnamon. Anyway, that was my adventure for the weekend.

Talk to you all later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Gotta wait til April Fool's Day to find out what we're having. :( I want to know now!!! Hannah's not exactly consitent in her predictions.

March 23, 2008 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger crt said...

sounds yummy! glad you had a good day

March 24, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home