Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Planting

Tis the season!!

We started last Saturday with our bank in front of our house. We planted 70 tiny ivy plants on the bank in hopes that they will take over and in the future we won't have to mow or weed-eat this impossible bank. I ordered them online since we needed so many and were able to get them pretty cheap - they were just tiny one's in 1 inch pots but they seem to be doing well.

Then after our freeze I headed to Lowes and bought a handful of new flowers. The project this year (other than the front bank) is to put in a flower bed around the back porch. I got a bunch of hostas for 3 & 5 bucks, some purple sage flowers already on clearance for 2 bucks a piece and 4 butterfly bushes to dress up our woods for like 6.50 a piece which for BBushes is cheap. Plus Lowes had a 10$ off coupon so I was very happy to get all that I did for what I spent. I"ve put in all of the butterfly bushes and dug up 1 side of deck. It'll be a process since I'm working on the evenings and have to stop when it gets dark. It's like therapy though - I love it.

Everything seemed to survive the freeze alright. I covered some things but everything looks fine. It was not near as bad as last years late freeze.

Not too much else going on here. We've been busy with photo shoots and our other jobs, but all is well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Caslon said...

My Cala Lily did not come back this year either Lauren.

April 17, 2008 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I saw some sprouts yesterday that look like they may be the ones I planted last year coming up. They never did bloom, so I will gladly take them if they do come. I wonder if they are biennial here in TN?
So maybe it's just early... I hope!

It sounds like you've got a big, fun project that's going to be really pretty. My OB laughed when I called gardening my prozac. There's a perennial nursery near grandmas that we went to last year, and grandma would have been glad to share some hostas. They grow like weeds under her tree.

April 18, 2008 at 8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 19, 2008 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger crt said...

sounds like fun. the girls would love to help.

April 20, 2008 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger Caslon said...

Cala Spikes!!! I couldn't believe it - but they are there!!

April 21, 2008 at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home