Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Saturday, January 10, 2009

A few pregnancy thoughts

So I was pulling out of Chick Filet and about to go on a hour long drive to a meeting I had and grabbed one of those yummy fries they have and I thought for a moment, I want to write the company and thank them for having such good food.  The thought made me laugh and it got me thinking about a number of different things I've been experiencing so far in this pregnancy that are solely pregnancy experiences - some good and some not so good.  So here's a list of my thoughts as of late.

You Might be Pregnant If:
- You want to write the company of your favorite craving restaurant to thank them for having such yummy food.

- You can get up in the middle of the night to pee and not really wake up because you do it so often.

- You swear those fat pants that you dig out of the back of your closet will fit you in this "transition" stage... and they do... as long as you don't button anything.

- Those elastic bands that hold your hair up now hold your pants up too.

- You are the first one in the office to start asking who has lunch plans and who wants Mexican.

- When people state that you must be thrilled to be pregnant, you think, I would rather not feel the way I do while saying "yes we both are!"

- You consider how much it would cost to pay someone to pretty much do everything that you are too tired to: cook, clean, buy groceries, do my toes, do my nails, shave my legs....

- It makes your day when you declare that you are craving soft chocolate chip cookies and 1 hour later someone walks in with a cookie cake for a colleague... and you don't feel guilty for having 3 pieces!

- You realize that pregnancy feels more like a strength competition between you and the baby and lately the baby has been winning!


These are all the thoughts I have for now - I'm sure I'll have more later.

11 weeks, 3 days and counting 

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks for the memories. Good observations. :)

January 15, 2009 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Oh my goodness... when I was pregnant with Prophet (oldest), we lived in Gwinnet County, GA (right outside Atlanta). We lived very closed to a Chick-file and I indulged way too often. My pregnant mind was just convinced that the taste of those chicken nuggets and waffle fries would make my incredible nausea, that lasted the entire time I was pregnant, go away. Duncan donuts' chocolate cake donut was an incredible help too :)!!!

January 18, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home