Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Separation

"So many children have been lost through war, famine, slavery, kidnapping, crime, disease, accidents, suicide, miscarriage or abortion. When a child is gone, the only joy left is the memories and faith that we will see them again, and we will."
-Akine

Check out this incredible child prodigy Akine. Click on some of her paintings and read her comments, it gave me chill bumps. The one about babies especially was moving.

"Right after my eleventh birthday I visualized my self portrait through the view of a canvas and through the eyes of the spirit. I hoped to express the joy of co-creating, and the awe of feeling God's love and wisdom."

Akine's Art

5 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

Where did you hear about her? Her painting is haunting an so mature, truely she is a prodigy--I hope she can handle it later on in life. It is an incredible story.

January 25, 2007 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

Someone at work sent me the link. Her painting is incredible, but her words are what really astonish me. On her site it says she's the only known child prodogy gifted in 2 differnt areas - painting and poetry.

January 25, 2007 at 9:48 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Beautiful... I think I heard CNN did a special on her, but it might have been someone different.

January 25, 2007 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

WOW!! That's amazing!!

January 26, 2007 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

The child is amazing...Her heart so huge.

January 26, 2007 at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home