Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Sunday, April 29, 2007

A busy weekend

Friday night we shot a wedding - very pretty and very sweet. It was a small ceremony, officiated by the bride's dad, and the only guests were immediate family who were all "in the wedding" dressed in black and white with red roses. It was on a patio that overlooked the river in downtown Chattanooga, and was very pretty. She managed to pull this ceremony together in 3 weeks... impressive.
Saturday I ran to the local nursery and stocked up on flowers and soil. After G & I dug up the grass around our mailbox and dug some holes in the rocky soil, I transplanted 5 flowers to this bed after demoting them from the flower bed around the house. Some I didn't like, others I didn't like where they were.... Then I planted all of the new flowers in their places and other in pots in the front and on our back deck.
I managed to get sunburnt doing all this so I woke up Sunday sore inside and out.
We visited an interesting little church this morning. G passed it on the road Friday and liked the look of it. (Only 2 artists would pick a church based on how the building looked...) Anyway, it was an old stone building with red doors and stained glass windows. Very pretty. The congregation was younger than expected and the minister was very friendly. The music was more mixed than the church we've been going to - more choruses which was nice, and the hymns were more familiar to me as well. There was an interesting mix of people - as you would expect in a small country church in Georgia - but sincere people with a sincere love for the Lord. Definitely worth another visit.
The rest of the day - I've been recovering. I'm sore inside and out - and seem to have sinus pressure as well.
I did get some laundry done...
Hope you all had good weekends as well.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

I know I was tired but you are even busier!! Glad you liked the new church--is it in Ringgold??Have a good week and again congrats on the wedding!

April 29, 2007 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Tech Mom said...

You did better than us... we watched 2nd Pres on the DVR. Shall we call it "Pillow Pres?"

Glad you liked visitng the church. That's always encouraging.

April 29, 2007 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Tech Mom said...

oops, that was Lauren,not tech mom... guess I should log her out, huh...

April 29, 2007 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

Funny, I knew it was you without looking at the name. I guess I know your tone on here...

I'm still pretty sore today. Better than yesterday but still not wanting to mulch. We did buy the mulch tonight though so that's good.

April 30, 2007 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger crt said...

glad we got to chat last night. i enjoyed catching up with you

May 1, 2007 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger happymcfamily said...

I hope you feel better. My back got burned while I was planting flowers too... just in time for me to look like a lobster in the only dress I have for a fancy wedding this weekend ;)Maybe next time I'll follow my advice that I'm always nagging Brett about... to wear sunscreen!

May 3, 2007 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I've tagged you and left a couple of people off my list so you can tag them. :-)

May 4, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home