Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I welcomed Spring - again...

Tonight after work I spent some time outside. The first time since the cold snap. I went around to a lot of the same plants and trimmed off leaves I thought had survived the frost, but did not. I also gave everything a little trim hopping to encourage growth. My roses look a little diseased, but have lots of new buds. I'm hoping with some good sprays I can get them back to being more resistant. I think the frost weakened them a little.
I also cleaned up our back deck and brought out my Madagascar Tree that I thought I killed last year by leaving out too late. I had to cut off about 10 inches - but there were lots of sprouts on the rest. I'm very happy this tree survived. It was one of my favorites last year.

It felt good to be out tonight - today was pretty trying. My plants were therapeutic tonight.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Glad you were able to take the time for some "botanical therapy treatment". It may not be quite as relaxing as the spa, but it certainly pays off better in the long run when you see those plants bloom.

April 25, 2007 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

Sorry I haven't called you back. It's been kind of crazy around here... I appreciate you checking in on me. :)

April 25, 2007 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

No problem. Glad to hear tending the plants is helping. :-)

April 26, 2007 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

My tulips and daffodils made it thru the freeze, but now the rabbits living under the deck have eaten almost every petal off of them. Stupid rabbits!

April 26, 2007 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger crt said...

yeah for spring - again!

April 26, 2007 at 7:19 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

rabbits under the deck.... I thought the squirrels were bad.

Tonight I was frustrated... So I took it out on out lawn and mowed it. It looks better and I feel better. I also met our new neighbors... very nice.

April 26, 2007 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'm glad they're nice. Sometimes I miss mowing the lawn on days I need to be destructive... but since I couldn't manage the cliff, I just let J do the whole thing.

April 26, 2007 at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home