Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Saturday, January 31, 2009

14 weeks and counting

Well, I think I'm out of the darkness of the first trimester now.  I haven't been sick in weeks and my energy has definitely come back.  However, I still having hit that "extra burst of energy" that I've read about that comes in the second trimester.  I'm just not falling asleep the minute I get home from work anymore!  I've started excercising too which is nice - prenatal yoga and my elipitcal make for a fairly good workout.  

Now the goal is to start getting this house ready for a baby.  For those who read on FB about me leaving Christmas decorations up... that's really the truth.  Every year I think we'll take them down earlier, and every year then end up still up February 1.  This time I'm leaving them up an extra weekend since G's parents are coming over and always love to see how we decorate the house.  They are coming over next weekend so I guess it will be valentines day when we take this all down... which seems about right for this house!  I think part of this is made worse by my work schedule since every year at this time I'm traveling a lot.

Anyway, I'm not going to tear the guest bedroom apart until the Christmas stuff is put away since that always makes our house a disaster area and stresses me out.  I think we've figured out what to do with most of our furniture except for the dresser I have in the guest room.  Right now I use it as a linen closet and am afraid I'd regret getting rid of it.  The finish of it was ruined during our move here - but if re-stained or painted it could be really nice.  Or I could just sell it on Craig's List and buy something new that would match the nursery.  Not quite sure yet... feel free to share your thoughts on the matter!

I'm excited that I get to pick out a new bed spread for the guest bed since it's moving rooms.  I want to get something more masculine, with browns, and maybe orange.  My floral quilt will not look good in it's new home.  I have a few bedding collections picked out for the nursery but don't want to choose one until we know what we are having.  A lot of them are gender neutral, but still - I want to know what this kid is before I can visualize a nursery.  We have the crib and changing table picked out - here a link: Baby Miro Modo Collection.  Happily we agreed on this decision very quickly which if you know us we tend to spend months deciding what to buy.

Anyway, That's about it for now.  G's at a photo shoot this morning so I get the house to myself for a bit.  Cleaning here I come!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

yeah..it looks like you two--can you not use the dresser in the guest room--it is such nice wood..

January 31, 2009 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

well the top is scratched pretty bad. We can keep a cover on it and use it, but it's antique - won't go well with the modern baby stuff...

January 31, 2009 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger crt said...

i like it. i'm glad you're feeling better! i don't remember getting an energy boost 2nd sem, but they also said the morning sickness would go away. and we all know that didn't happen. :-)

February 3, 2009 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Tech Mom said...

I didn'y mean for the dresser for the baby but for th other room where the library currently is...just an idea

February 3, 2009 at 11:34 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Glad you are feeling better! I never got that extra burst of energy, either, at least not without some sort of caffeine intake. I guess the linen dresser probably wouldn't fit anywhere on the landing?

February 5, 2009 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Caslon said...

Won't fit in the new guest room and I don't think I want it on the landing since it's not really like our other furniture... not sure what to do yet.

February 7, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home