Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Saturday, February 14, 2009

16 weeks and all is well

So Thursday was 16 weeks for this little one and I had my appointment yesterday.  This appointment was short and sweet.  I only gained 1 pound which is okay at this stage especially since I gained 8 last month.  After measuring me and listening to the baby's heartbeat we were out of there.  The heart rate was 150-160 and doc said it was perfect!  It was a sweet sound since the last few days I was nervous and anxious to hear it.
We opted out of testing for downs, spina bifita, and some other disease I don't know the name of. We had decided since knowing changes nothing for us it was better to enjoy the pregnancy and cross what ever bridge is ahead when we get there.  I can't speak for G but I left wondering if it was the right decision.  I've always said that I wouldn't test for those things but now that I'm pregnant it would be really nice to know that everything is okay.  The decision is made though and I'm going to stick with my instincts on it.
I'm excited about our next appointment since it will be 20 weeks and we get to find out the gender!  We'll also have a nice long ultrasound and be able to leave with a dvd of it.  I'll try to figure out a way to post it on here.
I'm starting to look a little more pregnant now rather than just a girl with a gut... which is nice.  I need to post some pictures on here so you can see the growing bump.  I can't feel the baby yet, but hopefully I'll feel some flutters soon.
Today is Valentine's day and I'm so happy because our house is finally back to normal - meaning all Christmas stuff is down, put away and we've cleaned up from the mess.  G is also making a wonderful dinner tonight and I'm really excited about it.  I believe it is pineapple and teriyaki chicken with rice.  I'm doing dessert and am making chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, and pound cake... yum!
Hope you all are having a great V-day today!

3 Comments:

Blogger crt said...

i'm so happy everything is going smoothly. sit back,relax and enjoy!

February 14, 2009 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Tech Mom said...

I hear you on the testing--but the ultrasound really gives a lot of information and you are right enjoy your sleep and pregnancy!!

February 15, 2009 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I found myself wondering if I should do the testing with Brandon but my OB said that the ultrasound would show us any major issues if we had them, so if I was not sure I really wanted to do the testing, there was no need to.

Can't wait to see some belly pics. And of course, the ultrasound!

February 17, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home