Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Sunday, March 22, 2009

21 weeks and progress is made

Yesterday we bought the paint for our little girl's room. We are going to do a light cocoa brown on 3 walls and then a "red" on the wall where the crib is going. Below are the colors we got.

Then on the walls we are going to paint lighter and darker shades of the above colors in different size circles and circle like shapes, like radiating dots and rays. It's hard to describe but I'll post pictures once we have the design done. I think we also might get her name done in thin vinyl letters and put it on the wall. I'm really excited. The variations of the circles and the name were G's idea and I loved it as soon as he showed me what he was thinking. We probably won't start painting until later this week or next weekend. I'm hoping the red goes okay - the guy at the paint store said we did not need a primer. I'm hoping since this red has a lot of white in it that 2 coats will do the trick.

In addition to buying the paint we got new bamboo blinds for the library- now- guest- room. G accidentally did something to the blinds that we had in there and since he doesn't really like plantation blinds we used it as an opportunity for something different. I think they'll look nice in this room since the walls are a gold color and there's a lot of dark furniture in there. Here are the blinds we got.

We also want to do a different window treatment in the nursery but are going to wait until the paint is all done to decide what we are going to do. We ordered the crib and changing table yesterday which was very exciting. The crib should ship soon but the changing table is back-ordered until may. Hopefully it comes in in may and is not pushed out any further. It was suppose to be in next month but the date was moved out a month. We probably won't be using that one upstairs in the very beginning anyway so if it's later on it'll be okay. We are going to get a bassinet and small changing table to keep in our room for the first few months. I figure I'll turn the changing table into a station that'll hold things like diapers, wipes, blankets, burp cloths and onesees. This way while the baby sleeps with us I don't have to run upstairs for the essentials. That's the plan at least - we'll see how things go.

We have a lot to do but I feel like we are making good progress. Now that I know it is a girl I'm thinking about keeping the dresser that is in that room. It's definitely more feminine so I think that's why I want to keep it now. I think we can make everything fit.

We are going to take some more belly photos either today or the next couple days. I'm going to put on here the one's we took before as well as the new one's since this is pretty much turning into a pregnancy journal. I've definitely grown and actually feel like my belly is bigger than others at this stage. I think it has a lot to do with my size. I'm short so she doesn't have a lot of room to go other than out. This also means I'm going to be very big by the time this is all said and done... yeah!

No names yet but we are working on the list. I'll be sure to post as soon as it's decided. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

Sounds exciting--you'll have to keep us up on your progress!!

March 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I haven't been over here for several weeks. Congrats on expecting a little girl! I was super anti-pink when I found out I was expecting a girl. We painted her room red and everything. Then she was born a month early on Valentine's day and EVERYONE bought her pink things with hearts and flowers all over them! That marked the beginning of a love affair with the color pink that hasn't let up yet! Her room has since been painted in three different shades of pink! While she's a girly-girl though, she also loves to wrestle with her brothers (in a princess costume and bow) and sit in the grass and dig for small creatures while getting dirt under her nails for hours.

Enjoy decorating her room. I can remember going in and just staring at everything once we had the nursery ready for an upcoming baby.

March 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Love the colors... can you send me a sample swatch of the colors so I can match the yarn to it? I'd hate for her blanket to totally clash! ;P

March 26, 2009 at 12:39 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

It looks kind of cranberry... can't wait to see pics of the room!

March 31, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home