Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Saturday, May 05, 2007

A big week

My nerves are fried. I was going to do nothing today and guess what - I can't stop cleaning and marking things off lists. It's like I'm in overdrive. I'm looking forward to next weekend. I can't say what we are doing yet since it's a surprise to G - but it will be fun and be good to not be working one job or the other even when traveling.

So here's my week in review.

My patience was tested at work. I was suppose to receive information on a project last week so that I could do my part, yet last week came and went and I still did not have what I needed despite numerous emails communicating that. Monday and Tuesday came and went... then Wednesday morning the ##$HY& hit the fan. Finally I got the information I needed but it was in an email that started with (I've already given this information)... Well, she did already give me the information but I was told to disregard that because that was given before the whole project changed designs. I told her so in a number of emails... Anyway, I defended myself by replying all (there were a lot of top dogs copied in) and even though her email ended with (I will be out of the country the next couple days...) I still replied to defend myself. Note... not even her boss knew she was going to the Caribbean during a very busy time. Anyway, I did my part on Wednesday, had minor changes Thursday morning, and we had the whole project wrapped up by Friday afternoon. I could have done this weeks ago if some people had done their jobs.

Anyway, on to other issues. The minister of the church we've been visiting since we moved here was cited for soliciting a prostitute. To say the least more ##&YH hit the fan Tuesday and Wednesday when it was all over the news. This man was a minister of a pretty big church and chaplin of the Firestation here in a fairly small town. I can't imagine the devastation to his family (with young kids), wife, and future. He pretty much immediately stepped down.
I'm very surprised. I thought this man was a good speaker and he seemed to have a gentle and God-fearing heart. Not that he doesn't anymore, but it's hard to find out something like this from someone that you would never expect it from.
I guess I'm disappointed (if that's fair to say). We've never joined the church and even just last sunday visited another church, but we've been going there enough to feel like this was "our church". The church said it will appoint someone within the next 4 weeks. In the meantime, we will probably start visiting other churches. I want to find a place we both can get excited about. I don't know if we ever will - we have different preferences in worship style, but here's to hoping there's something out there....

I got a really big job offer Thursday. It's a job I would love to take with a pretty big raise. The problem is it's 80 miles away.
We've ran the numbers and I'm not afraid of the drive, but I need to think about the other ways this will affect our lives - and it's a hard fit. So rather than flattered and excited, I'm sad.

I held a beautiful 1 day old baby yesterday. Harper Kate is her name. She was born to a co-worker of mine who we also went to school with.

We got a new bedspread & shams Tuesday. It's easier to clean and will show less cat hair. Plus it's lighter and nice for the summer. I finished the new flowerbed one night this week and got everything mulched. It looks nice.

Well, I think that's it.
Talk to you later.

6 Comments:

Blogger crt said...

interesting week to say the least. so sorry to hear about your pastor. he's going to walk a long hard road. is there any possibility of working from home most of the time with the new job? would like to hear about it. talk to you later

May 5, 2007 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I am tired from reading all that! Mom's kept me in the loop, and I've been praying for you this week.

Congrats on all you've accomplished. Praying for wisdom and discernment on the job thing.

May 5, 2007 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

When I was in my early 20's the senior pastor of my home church, where my dad was head of the elders, was caught in an affair, and then shortly later, so was the music minister. Fortunately what could have been a really ugly mess, was worked thru with dignity. Both men were removed from their positions of course, but the church got thru it and continued to thrive. The Lord can do miraculous things even in the midst of what seems to be hell on earth.

You need a nap girl!

May 5, 2007 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger Tech Mom said...

btw dad talked to a man he knows in texas that drives 115 miles to work so it is a possibility but it is such a tough decision and we will pray for you to have clarity in your decision..we love you

May 5, 2007 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

thanks guys... you are all uplifting.

I am going to look into working from home with this job some - even if it's a few days a week. If I had a laptop I think I could do it. Plus the woman trying to hire me knows my work ethic, so it's worth talking to her about. I tried calling her this afternoon but have not got a hold of her. We are trying to talk at home rather than at work. She has 3 young boys though so she has her hands full at home. It's with the same company I work for now, just at a different location, and I would be working in the department that I work very closely to now. I know all of the people - that's the cool thing. Anyway, today I have a renewed sense of pursuing this a little further. We would be able to save up money with this job.

More to continue...

May 6, 2007 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Caslon said...

That just got too long for one comment...

We went to the same church we visited last weekend this weekend. The church we've been visiting was going to be full of media and we felt it's a time for just members. After all of the dust settles we may visit again. The minister of the church we visited today didn't say anything directly about what happened but did do some "finger pointing" as G put it, about leaders being held to a higher standard and not to judge them until all of the evidence was present. He also talked about how teachers (it was teacher appreciation day) and preachers have few people to turn to when they need help. I think anyone who's been involved with the ministry understands that.
Anyway, it was just interesting to see how he addressed the situation without really talking about it. It's the same denomination just down the road so in some ways it felt like the big elephant in the room.
We enjoyed the service again, liked the people, worth another visit. We've already met more people at this church we've visited twice than we did at the other one we've been visiting for over a year. Part of that is the size - this church is much smaller... I like it. It's like Grandmas church... but not...

May 6, 2007 at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home