Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Sunday, May 06, 2007

A Day Of Rest

Other than getting groceries, we've had a nice relaxing day. I took a nice long nap and G has been enjoying his original Nintendo (one of the things in his boxes from his childhood) and I have to admit, I kind of like it. I much prefer this to the new ones where it's real life shooting. I mean, when Mario spits his fireball to kill the turtle thing it's so much more innocent than shooting real looking people on the new Nintendos. I wonder if we can get away with making our kids play with this rather than get them the new ones... I doubt it....

4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

It's called retro. I predict the original ninendo will be like vinyl record albums have become!

May 6, 2007 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I will never forget the summer that my brother and I "walked beans" (a midwest thing - removing weads from certain farm fields and being paid good money for it) to earn the money for one of those original nintendo machines. I was addicted to Mario brothers and tetris... so was our mom, heehee!

May 6, 2007 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger crt said...

it's kind of like the good ol' cartoons. tom and jerry, scooby, road runner, etc... innocent fun

May 7, 2007 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger happymcfamily said...

FYI, you can buy a lot of the older games for the newer systems. Our friend has a Wii and he downloaded many of the original Nintendo games to it. I agree, a lot of the old ones are more fun. Although, I do enjoy a good round of Mario Cart Double Dash for gamecube :)

May 17, 2007 at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home