Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Thursday, July 09, 2009

37 weeks and in a holding pattern

Just thought I'd update everyone. I went to the doctor today and have not dilated any more than I was on Monday & Tuesday. I'm a bit more effaced - between 70 and 80% and she's moved down lower which explains a lot of the pressure I'm feeling. Since I had not made any progress the doctor did not induce - he thinks I'll probably make it through the weekend and if not he told me who the on-call doctor would be. His best estimate is that things will happen next week. He does not think I'll make it to 39 weeks and that most likely next week will be when we meet her. We talked a little about when it's time for me to go to the hospital since I've had so many contractions and can go hours with them but them not being labor contractions. I'm to look for intense contractions that take my breath away and he wants me to head in after only an hour of them because I'm so thinned out.

I'm working from home tomorrow and the plan is to stay on this couch with my feet up until Tuesday when I'll start doing all in my power to get her to come.

If you all wouldn't mind - I am showing some slight signs that pre-eclampsia could be right around the corner, so please pray that is not the case. I'm a little swollen, have had a jump in my weight gain and my blood pressure was pretty high for me. Not too high, but for someone with low blood pressure the nurse was definitely a little concerned.

We took belly pictures last night so I'll get those on here soon.

till later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

btw i love the pics Lauren took!!

July 13, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home