Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

1 Incredible Year

Well, last year at this time I had 1 day of work left before family started to come in for my wedding. I was excited, yet had a list of things to get done and knew they would not get done without all of the family coming in. Now, I don't think they knew what they were getting into... covering the church floor with felt seemed like an easy thing to in thought... :) Yet in reality it was a huge job that they will remind me of forever! I remember the first night everyone got in having all of the ladies sit around and help put together all of the favors. Before I knew it we were done and I think still have some left over from them.

The next day was the day of felting the floor, and getting the park ready for rehearsal. Everything was beautiful, I stole away with some of my bridesmaids to do a few last minute things and then we had the rehearsal.
That's when it all hit me like a brick. Literally - I was emotionally overwhelmed with things I could not interpret and had a good hard crying fit for 10 minutes. Luckily - the loving people around me were understanding of my stress, and after that, I was fine. Better than fine, I was fantastic! The rehearsal dinner was beautiful, and it was so nice to be with everyone we loved.

I woke the next morning relaxed and excited, mom tweezed my eyebrows, and I was on my way to get beautiful! Hair, photos, makeup, photos, breakfast at Panera Bread with a quick stop in Target, and then on to get my dress. Ah the dress... The Dress. It was something... :)

As we got to the church the flowers were beautiful - yet not the right flower... Funny, the only dream I had about the wedding was getting there and the flowers not being right. However, in my dream we had pink carnations, at least these were still red roses, just not the one's I was expecting. I got over that fast enough.

Dress on, then I got to see him, HIM - the one person who changed my life completely. Who in that one body was capable of loving me so deeply and the love I felt for him was immeasurable. I am lucky. I know that. He is a gift and I am so happy to be his.

More pictures at the Mansion, then more at the church, and before I knew it I was pacing and waiting... I came out of the room I was locked in and remember seeing Em, I had seen her earlier, but something about that moment she was excited - and so was I. I gave her a piece of my bouquet as we waited to go it. Dad was proud, it was written all over him, and with his death grip he walked me down the isle... or trotted, I walked so fast - I think I was anxious to get to the front. :) When we watch the video it's almost funny. We had a sweet ceremony, with a few tears. Yet saying forever to this man seemed like the easiest thing I have ever done.

Then the party began.. well, pretty much.. Food was great, cake was great, and I loved talking to people I had not seen in a while. A few sweet dances later, and we were ready to leave. Red felt on the car.. Nice... :)

Then after a quick pit stop we were on our way to Atlanta - I prefer to forget about where we stayed that night and just think about that night.
That's probably a good place to stop.

Thanks to all of my family for all of the red felt, bossing around, and love and support you all gave during a very special yet busy time in our lives. This last year has been so incredible. I am deeper in love than I ever thought possible, and it's only been 1 year.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I thought your Hannah was going to come early from getting on my hands and knees a little too much... I still wonder if the church came to their senses and got rid of that "blue" stuff. (Teal?)

The whole weekend was beautiful. We were thrilled to be part of it, and to see you so happy. Especially in "poufy".

September 26, 2006 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I meant our Hannah... geesh...

September 26, 2006 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger crt said...

hope you had a splendid time in NYC

October 2, 2006 at 5:36 PM  
Blogger crt said...

can't wait to hear about it!

October 6, 2006 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Tech Mom said...

congrats to both of you-lots of good memories of a year ago.

October 12, 2006 at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home