Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Options

So yesterday I was pulled aside by someone who wanted to tell me about a position in the company that was being formed and that a number of people mentioned me as someone who they thought would be a good candidate for this new position. This is completely separate from the other job I was talked to about a week or so ago. I told this woman that I was already talking to this other department about an opening and she knew what position it was for and right away said that that was a better position than the new one they were forming. However, if that one doesn't work out, it looks like I still have growing room in the company. It's been flattering to all of a sudden find out a number of people see me as someone capable of doing a lot more than I do. My boss has been so supportive of me, I've kept her posted on everything - even this second job possibility and she's been like "go for it". I feel very fortunate.
This second job opportunity is in the same building I'm in now, but not as glamorous or as exciting as the one I'm interviewing for on Friday. We will see how things go.
I'm also fighting something... not fun when I can't miss work right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tech Mom said...

hope you feel better--how did the claritin work out? Be sure and see doc if not better tomorrow!! We will be praying for Friday!!

May 15, 2007 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger crt said...

wow!
how was the trip?>

May 16, 2007 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Congratulations! It is terrific to be noticed for your hard work, isn't it? Praying for the Lord to give you wisdom as you weigh your options.

Hope you feel better soon!

May 16, 2007 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Caslon said...

Trip was great!!
Minneapolis was clean, pretty, quiet, and a great place to spend a few days. We had a really nice mini-vacation. The show was really cool - it was fun to see everything - very different than hearing it.

Feeling a little better....

May 16, 2007 at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home