Peridot Rose

My name is Sara. I'm a wife, mother, and photographer and feel fortunate in all areas of my life. See our professional site and blog here: Dotson Studios

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Update

So, I was suppose to eat lunch Monday with the lady from Job#1 but she had to cancel so I went to the lady trying to hire me for job#2 and asked if she had lunch plans... she did not:) so she took me out to lunch. She did a good job selling me the position because my first impression was not that great of one. The job is a lot of management without much control so it would definitely be challenging. But they want someone who is very organized, good with people and can follow projects from beginning to end which sounds really well suited for me. So the end of day one I was in Job#2's court.

This morning I left at 6:30 to be at Kennesaw by 8 for a meeting there this morning. I wasn't meeting until 8:30 but I wanted to see how traffic would be so I drove around and found a Starbucks and had a coffee before I went in to the meeting.
I met with the lady who wants to hire me for a while, we looked at my portfolio, met some people she works with, walked me around and then I met with her boss for a while where he pretty much talked the whole time about his philosophy on things. So... here's the philosophy in a nutshell.
- Work Hard, but play hard
- Relax and enjoy a slower, quieter atmosphere conducive to creativity
- think big, think cutting edge, think outside the box
- if something flops learn from it, modify, but nothing new is a mistake
- people won't look over your shoulder - they expect that you can do your job
- budget...? what budget... think big, think cutting edge, think outside the box

So to say the least - I'm excited. It's a job in which you makes you feel the sky's the limit. I told someone later it was every designer's dream job. It's a long drive but they are working with me on how many days a week I would have to be at that location so that's good. I know all of these people and have been working with them for a long time and I know I would enjoy working with them. So at the end of day two I'm in Job#1's court. I am to expect an offer from them some time in the near future and I'm going to tell the lady from Job#2 that and that I would like to have 2 offers to compare to. I don't know if I would have that option - but I think it's only fair. Tomorrow I'll let her know that. I'm leaning towards Job#1 but want to look at what both can offer.

My brain's pretty fried and tomorrow I'm looking forward to just working.

love you all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Wow! I am so proud of you and excited for you. I pray that the Lord will lead you toward whichever is best overall. :-)

May 22, 2007 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger crt said...

sounds like you have a big decision ahead of you.

May 23, 2007 at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home